Traditional approaches to problem-solving tend to favor analytical strategies and often neglect the importance of values and creativity. This program provides an innovative, systematic, practical and thoughtful way of approaching various types of problems. Whether a company has clear-cut operational problems or ambiguous personnel issues, Practical Problem Solving will teach them how to focus on the solution rather than the problem.
Practical Problem Solving participants will discover their own preferred problem solving style, increase their ability to understand personal and professional problems, and learn how to facilitate problem solving.
This course includes class discussions, group and individual exercises and simulations through which participants will learn how to:
- Identify and clarify goals and values
- Explore relationships between goals
- Collect relevant situational information
- Evaluate the problem situation
- Analyze for cause
- Generate creative solutions
- Select appropriate courses of action
Course Duration – 1 day.